I woke up this morning at 6 am to a mystery beep from my phone. Still asleep, I groped at the nightstand for the phone and peeked at the screen, scanning for answers. Only the usual icons, the time. I put the phone back and tried to fall asleep. Minutes went by. I then resigned myself to starting my day, and got up to take a hot shower. This process was all the more sluggish because of yesterday's decision.
I am experiencing major coffee withdrawal right now. I had the runs yesterday, so I decided to skip my daily coffee ration - which had recently increased from 2 cups per day to 3. This decision had painful consequences, and even my caffeine-laced pain pills couldn't get rid of my headache. I left work early feeling achy and nauseous.
This painful experience has put fear into me with respect to coffee. I wonder now whether I should have my daily cup, or try to wean myself off - at least to a level where I'm no longer dependant.
I just don't get coffee. Why do people subject themselves to those horrible side effects that you described so eloquently in your blog? Do they enjoy the taste? Do they need the pick me up? Do they want the break from the humdrum of a typical day to perform a familiar ritual? Or are they just masochists?
ReplyDeleteshut yo mouth and drink dat coffee
ReplyDelete