My first foray into the coffee world was with an old Melitta plastic cone, the kind that you place on top of your mug, and the coffee brews right into your cup. It's definitely convenient - takes just a couple minutes longer than instant coffee. Still, after discovering espresso, it was hard to go back. I found that espresso was a perfect example of the "good things come in small packages" idea. Despite its small dosage, it did not lack in richness and taste.
But today I decided to revisit the Melitta, and it produces a decent cup of drip coffee. Since I've been using my 3-shot Moka Pot to get my "espresso", I've only been able to produce a relatively small quantity of coffee per brewing. Since it's exam time, I decided to make a giant cup of drip coffee. This time I first heated 1/2 C of milk in the glass, in order to get both the glass and the milk warm. Then I brewed directly into the milk.

No comments:
Post a Comment